I went a bit mad with imaging the Moon on this night, doing it with three different cameras and telescopes. So I did my usual whole Moon with the 80mm refractor, but I also made this redundant by taking a much larger whole Moon image with the 100mm f9 which is mounted with my C-14, in IR with DMK41 camera at 15fps. This can be zoomed in to examine parts of it in detail; it won’t fit on a monitor at full size (second image down, click twice). It has been so successful I will certainly use this combination again. Finally I imaged Copernicus with C-14, Flea 3 and 3x Barlow, the same arrangement as I use for Jupiter.
With the very large image scale for Copernicus, one fact, or maybe opinion, that comes into my mind is that when attempting very high resolution imaging of lunar features on the terminator, and processing using stacking software and wavelet sharpening, you very easily hit the diffraction limit of the telescope, because the contrasts are so great, in a way you don’t when imaging Jupiter or Saturn with the same telescope (but you do when imaging double stars). You can see this looking at the central peak of Copernicus, standing out as a star-like point: it has a diffraction ring around it. The appearance of other features in this image is also influenced by edge diffraction, and this is a thing you regularly see in similar images.